Subject: [Leica] M8 Article in LFI
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Sun Jan 14 09:59:53 2007

Adam,

I don't think it is that Rolex does not have the parts, as they quoted me
$600 to 800 and 4 to 6 weeks to cla mine which was bought in 1989.  They are
certainly proud of their watches and the work they do on them.  They do take
the watch completely apart, including the braclet, and replace any part
which does not fit/work properly.  I also did notwant to spend that much to
cla it,so I found a local repair house who does work with original parts
etc.  I paid $350 for the work and it was excelent workmanship and it now
works perfectly.  Check the internet for Rolex repair, there are several who
provide 2 -3 year warranties on their work.  I also wear mine every day, a
fine timepiece.

Gene