Subject: [Leica] avian portrait
From: telyt at earthlink.net (telyt@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Jan 17 16:26:01 2007

lkhermann <lkhermann@bresnan.net> wrote:

>>http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/accipitridae/nogo04.html
>

> Do the eyes of the change to red?

Yup.  The adult NOGO I've seen have had red eyes.

>  We have been having quite a few sightings of sharp-shinned in our
> neighborhood.  One can imagine why the little birds act nervous when
> this guy is around.

My bird feeder attracts lots of sparrows and such and when the local
Sharp-shinned Hawk discovered the sparrow concentration we were treated to
the SSHA flying through our covered patio at hunting speeds :-)

Thanks for looking and commenting.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com