Subject: [Leica] IMG: M8 1st Shots and impressions.
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Jan 18 18:00:28 2007

On 1/18/07 6:57 PM, "Leonard Taupier" <len-1@comcast.net> typed:

> Luis,
>
> Thanks. Even before I got the M8, and shot with my D200 or other
> digital, I would take my M6 and both color and b&w film with me. Of
> course with the D200 I have two spare batteries.
>
> Best regards,
> Len

Which would leave one to think that the batteries on a D200 are nothing less
than miraculous.
Which indeed they are.

I shot 10,000 captures in 6 months on the road 5000 miles with a D200 and a
spare battery.
Which is good became I'd plug in my battery and pass out and wakeup the next
morning with it charged. Two would be too complicated.
But it only took 20 30 minutes to charge.

Batteries are one of Nikons strong points.
I think nobody comes close to Nikon in that department that i've ever heard.

If batteries make or break your day more than anything else switch to Nikon.
They must be plugged into the Source.

You can shoot all day with one battery if you're going pretty casually about
it. I'd actually left my Motel room with the camera and no backup on me.
Never in the old days.

Go to your room Mark.

Mark Rabiner
New York, NY
40?47'59.79"N
73?57'32.37"W

http://rabinergroup.com/

Replies: Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] IMG: M8 1st Shots and impressions.)