Subject: [leica] photographing the homeless
From: larry.k at rcn.com (larry.k@rcn.com)
Date: Fri Jan 19 17:32:12 2007

  Hmm, I caught the Annie Leibovitz show in Brooklyn and I don't remember
any
the shots of you and Susan in the ring together. I must have missed those
pics. ;-)

  Yeah, the delete button, I'll remember it in the future. ;-) Loved your
homeless
cat photograph though, that was a cool shot. Of course, Americans tend to
have
more pity for homeless animals than homeless people, but that is another
story.
I'm not so fond of your gun nuts of america series, but we're all entitled
to our
opinions, armed or unarmed, I think.  It is just a lot harder to disagree
with
people who are armed!

  Of course, I'm still struggling with the idea that I don't have any
opinions
because I don't have a portfolio.

  I guess I will have that drink now...

  Larry

>  Bravo Adam! I also found myself wondering why anyone should listen to
> this
> guy and his rules! Who made this guy the philosopher king of photography?

i had to wrestle susan sontang mano-a-womano in a steel cage match to
become philosopher king of photography. i paid some people in the stands to
distract the ref while i used some patently illegal holds, including the eye
gouge
and my own little speciality i call the "fixer flush". after that, i began
to dispense
unwanted advice by the ream. most people just hit "delete" when they see my
name in the "from" field.