Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Clean that M8 sensor?
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri Jan 19 22:10:14 2007

Interesting theory...... and where does the charge come from?

I think this belongs in the category of new wives tales or urban legends,
but I am willing to listen to any theories that are out
there....

Just on that thought.... I have had a few SLR mirrors cleaned by Nikon and
Zeiss and Hasselblad repair techs.  I forget who did it,
but he used a feather to dislodge the dust, and a blower brush ( not
compressed air) to blow off the mirror.  Note the low tech
approach.......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Also, I would add: always turn the camera off when changing lenses.
Someone gave me that tip, based on the idea that when the camera is on,
the static electricity inside it attracts dust like a vacuum-cleaner.

Nathan

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Re: LUG Clean that M8 sensor?)
Message from nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Re: LUG Clean that M8 sensor?)