Subject: [Leica] Usign 28mm frame on M6 ?
From: alex at zabrovsky.com (Alex)
Date: Sat Jan 20 04:17:40 2007

Something that bothers me a bit, even though I only have single,
Summocron 50mm/2 (latest) lens that is obviously "glued" on my M6.
Anyway, sometimes I like to play with frame lines preview while shooting
just to check how the composiiton would look with other then 50mm lens
and I'm struck with 28mm frame lines. The vertical lines can be barely
visible simmultenously (I try to carefully center my eye over the
finder), whlist the side lines are totally out of the view. In order to
see them, I need some kind of eye-acrobatics and even then only one-side
line can be noticed at the finder side boundaries, either left or right.
So I wonder how it can be possible to effectively use 28mm frames on M6
Classic (0.72) with corresponding lens ? What are your experiences ?
Do you just use entire field of view of the finder and accept the fact
of some additional
parts to get on the film that couldn't be seen in the finder ?

Thanks, Alex

Replies: Reply from leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] Usign 28mm frame on M6 ?)
Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] Usign 28mm frame on M6 ?)
Reply from jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier) ([Leica] Usign 28mm frame on M6 ?)