Subject: [Leica] M8 goes to the hockey game - first light is fun!
From: faneuil at gmail.com (Eric Korenman)
Date: Sat Jan 20 19:38:59 2007

until the final version of lightroom you can work around this profile issue.

Open all your M8 DNGs in ACR, then save a new set from ACR as DNGs.
This should save new DNGs with the ACR profile (instead of Leica's)
Then open the new set of DNGs in Lightroom.

As Lightroom can only use the profile attached to the DNG file, these
new DNGs with the ACR profile attached will look far better.

Best results so far come from opening the original DNGs in Capture One.
Which is sort of cruel, as the colors look magnificent, but the
software isn't anywhere near as fun and cool as Lightroom.

Eric