Subject: [Leica] three days with M8
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Mon Jan 22 11:09:45 2007

After three days of companionship with M8 w/grip, 28 cron asph, 35
lux asp, 75 lux. Shooting only RAW DNG.
Plus
        1) I find this tool extremely familiar and comfortable.
        2) Great viewfinder.
        3) Wonderful digital files with lots of useable data in shadows and
highlights.
        4) Size, weight and lenses - delightful.
        5) User interface just fine - simpler than canon - thank you.
        6) Did I mention how familiar and comfortable?
        7) Nothing weird for a shooter with both digital and M experience.
        8) Very much an M experience with digital convenience and
practicality.
Minus
        1) Shutter seems "harsh" and vibrates the body more than former M's
;~(
Whether this vibration occurs before or after exposure - I can't tell.
        2) I've grown fond of Canon's "ASA's" being 1/3 stops instead of
full stops.
I'd assume that Leica could accomplish this in firmware (wish they
would) ;~(

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com