Subject: [Leica] binoculars - looking for assistance
From: rclompus at mac.com (Richard Clompus)
Date: Mon Jan 22 16:33:06 2007

I've had almost a dozen Leica binoculars over the past two decades.
Fine optics.  But for the past four years, I have been smitten with
the image stabilized Canons.  The 10X30's are such a pleasure to
use.  The 12x36's are a bit heavy.  I find the image not quite as
sharp in the Canon compared to the Leicas but in real world
conditions, the image hangs still in space once the stabilizer is
activated.  It is almost magical to look through the 10x30 Canons
with the stabilizer activated.  I find stabilization works on land
and sea and have become quite enamored with them.  The Leica optics
are tremendous but I have found stabilized optics of a slightly
lesser caliber even better for everyday use.

Best regards,

Richard Clompus
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL