Subject: [Leica] electronics
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov)
Date: Tue Jan 23 09:12:42 2007

Tell me about it. I recently had a camera go out on a shoot over a
weekend. I wound up buying, from a local store, a Rebel XTi to finish
up while on location. I thought I'd just sell it afterwards, but I
wound up keeping it. It's quieter than my 20D, 2 more meagpixels, and
better smoothing without highlight wash-outs. I suppose that's the
new Digic III, or whatever it is, processor.
The best part of it, is that it has a disposable camera price tag. I
think that from now on I'll just buy the low end versions, burn
through the shutter and toss them after 12-18 months. Of course,
while I'm on these little junkets I've got an M or LTM body with me
for the private stuff. Some of it going back 70 years. Like to see my
Canon Oinker-matics last that long. Then again, maybe not.

Slobodan Dimitrov
http://www.sdimitrovphoto.com/