Subject: [Leica] IMG: Week 3 PAW
From: wmrav at triad.rr.com (William Ravenel)
Date: Tue Jan 23 16:52:31 2007

Philippe,

Thanks very much for your comments and suggestions. I hadn't tried a
B&W version of the Dalmations, but like it. I used a trial version of
Convert to B&W Pro (The Image Factory) and warmed the result with
that software's sepia toning, applied lightly. Are there better ways
to achieve a warm grey B&W?

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Will+R/Alternates/dogs_bw.jpg.html>
<http://tinyurl.com/yq3d7u>

I also tried your suggestion to crop the ducks image. The funny thing
is that I had actually tried this earlier and didn't like it. The
vegetation seemed distracting. For some reason I'm much happier with
this second attempt.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Will+R/Alternates/ducks_2.jpg.html>
<http://tinyurl.com/3bhopx>

Will