Subject: [Leica] Analogue Question
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Fri Jan 26 13:40:01 2007

I need some tips on Fibre based paper and Seal mount press'

I have found an old Jumbo 160 Seal dry mount press and it works ;-)
So yesterday, I made some fibre prints for the first time in a long
time (hated the curling). I let the prints dry on a rack, and then
pressed them between two mount boards. The first time I set the temp
to 300F and the print was still very slightly damp (I thought that
would help to realign the fibres) Of course it "stuck" to the mount
board. I prised it off and re washed and dried it and then pressed it
again, this time on 150F.

I turned off the press and let it cool (took for ever) but the
resultant print seems pretty flat.

Any better procedures would be welcome PLUS tips on the next step:
mounting the prints to the boards

Cheers

Alastair

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Analogue Question)