Subject: [Leica] Digi 1
From: vroger at gmail.com (Victor Rubin)
Date: Sat Jan 27 07:46:23 2007

Mike Volow answered my question:
 have been happily using my Digilux I as my regular walkin' around camera
for the last 2 years. I finally learned its idiosyncrasies: Mine overexposes
by 1/2-2/3 stop so I just compensate by underexposing everything. I avoid
the cameras ISO 400 setting because of noise, but ISO 200 underexposed 2/3
stop amounts to ISO 320, with better quality!  (I use Noise Ninja when
necessary.) I like its fast burst rate for sports (about 3 fr/sec). I like
the manual selection of various flash and other functions.  I like having a
nearly f 2.0 lens. :I like that it has a large LCD and a decent optical
finder for bright days. I like that it is NOT too small. I like its clunky
feel and appearance.

I am sure that it is technically backward compared to the current crop of
digicams, but I like the pics it makes. When I want to I can choose from
manual Nikon, M6, EOS 3, or EOS 20D, so I am not without more advance
options.