Subject: [Leica] First M8 experience
From: dnaplasmid at compwrx.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Sun Jan 28 07:33:12 2007

Jim.

Will they exchange the camera if they have another one?  As Ted said, you
expect a working camera and it is Leica/dealer's responsibility to give you
one.  I have an exchange story.  I bought a Rollei SL-35 at Tall's Camera in
Seattle many many years ago.  I lived 300 miles away.  Got it home, out of
the box and it sounded terrible.  I already had 2 other bodies.  This one
sounded like they forgot to lubricate it.  My next trip to Seattle, one
month later, I brought it in for an exchange.  They had another one sitting
there.  They told me they could not do that.  I said why not and they said
not their policy.  They would gladly send it in for repair.  Maybe a month
maybe two.  I went round and round with them.  I finally asked if I could
just return it and get my money back and they said "yes".  I promptly said,
"and then I want to buy that other one."  They made the exchange.

Aram

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] First M8 experience)