Subject: [Leica] I don't shoot wildlife much
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Sun Jan 28 12:53:45 2007

Sonny, nice catch.  I really like this one despite, perhaps *because* of
the slight unsharpness.  It looks like a Japanese print, with the heron
standing in for a crane.

Heron blue files by.
Reflection on the water.
Ripples touch my heart.

I see the dilemma about the OOF grass in the foreground.  It does distract,
but it also provides framing and weight to the bottom.  In a way, if you
can't get rid of it, I wish there were *more* of it.

Anway, this shot is a keeper.  You might make a print of it, put it aside
for a week, and then play with masking it off in different ways with some
cardboard "Ls."   Or, (despite the fact that I usually don't usually
believe in doing this), use your "Mars Attacks" Photoshop skills to clone
in some more grass.

--Peter