Subject: [Leica] Re:M8 issues
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov)
Date: Sun Jan 28 16:17:34 2007

Nice! But a virtually irrelevant test. In the usual shooting
situation, the average working distance is usually within 15 feet.
Those that need to reach out for a closer shot, such as the sports
photographers, usually use ED, etc, optics with vibration reduction.
Now for critical digital landscapes, as it was practiced very early
on by large format photographers, one used the camera as a scanner
attached to a laptop. 200 to 400 megabyte files for one shot, with
multiple (layers) exposures, tended to be the norm. The files are
larger now.

s.d.