Subject: [Leica] B+W IR filters
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Mon Jan 29 08:58:02 2007

Jim,

I don't know of anyone that sells the 39mm and 60mm. Those are the
two I ordered from Leica. I was able to get the Tiffen 46mm and 55mm.
The quality of the filter seems fine. Try here for the Tiffen;

  http://www.2filter.com/prices/catalog.html

The only problem with the 55mm on the 21mm and 24mm Asph and the Tri-
Elmar lenses is the filter is too thick to allow the lens hood to
fully snap in place. Need the slim WA, which nobody has.

As for the 39mm, I use a 39 -> 46mm step up adapter. Works just fine.
No vignetting because of the 1.33 crop.

Len