Subject: [Leica] Elements 5.0 Versus Lightroom 1.0
From: heninger at adobe.com (Wade Heninger)
Date: Wed Jan 31 12:01:10 2007

> Wade, Can you comment on the dust remover in version 1.0?  It was not part
> of
> the beta (at least not 4.1) and that was the one tool
> that I thought was missing to make the program truly useful.  I have heard
> comments that it is somewhat kludgey and awkward.

Its covered well here:

http://www.seanmcfoto.com/lightroom/video/spotremoval.mov

Its good for sensor dust and basic spotting, but less good for heavy duty
dusting (i.e. Film scans) so for the latter I just do it in PS on the
scanned tiff/psd.  It will be beefed up.

But, you can sync spots across images, which can be nice.

The M8 sensor gets dusty easily I've found.

w a d e  h e n i n g e r
u s e r  e x p e r i e n c e
a d o b e  s y s t e m s ,  i n c