Subject: [Leica] quick release plates
From: allen.graves at charter.net (allen.graves@charter.net)
Date: Wed Jan 31 20:13:36 2007

One thing that I didn't mention is that the RRS plates are so well designed
that you can put them on the camera and leave them. They really don't affect
the handling of the camera. The Bogen and Arca plates aren't designed for
the camera or lens and can really get in the way.

A friend of mine has the Acratech ballhead. It's really light but stable but
doesn't have tension control. He uses it only when backpacking and uses is
Arca Swiss ball head the rest of the time because of its better
controls.They have a newer model I haven't seen. It looks interesting.

http://www.acratech.net

Allen