Subject: [Leica] Initial M8 impressions
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Wed Jan 31 21:12:15 2007

It is interesting that there are 2 such distinct camps:

1. Leica must have the highest quality to be a leica, it should be
perfect, and you should not have any issues at the cost of the camera: not
unreasonable perhaps and

2. I've been waiting for the M8 since the day they told us it could not be
done. I love the handling and understand the computerside was always going
to be a bit iffy. After all the real reputation of the Modern Leica is
seen in the electronics of the R8, a camera with a troubled start that
Leica worked through and finally cured.

I've become frustrated at how long it has taken to get my M8 back, BUT
I've just heard that John Amiet's and My M8 have returned from their
christmas holidays and are ready to pick up: Now if I could get down to
Melbourne I could start joining in the debate again :-)

Cheers