Subject: [Leica] Lightroom & Bridge
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Sun Feb 4 12:35:18 2007

Dernie) Don Dory wrote:

> It is my understanding while reading the reviews that if I download digital
> files to a tethered hard drive then use Lightroom  to do what I will with
> the files that the files remain where they are named as they were but with
> meta data stored within Lightroom describing any actions taken.  I can't
> see
> the harm done at this point.

I've never been a computer programmer, I'm just a simple country lawyer.
  But my understanding is as I understand Don's to be: when I [continue
to] download images from a compact flash card to a named folder on my
computer's hard drive, there and in that folder they will remain.

Lightroom may build its own internal (infernal?) database so it can find
those files, but it will not mess with (per Frank D., paraphrased) those
original files, which will remain where I put them and with the names I
gave them.

I am missing a risk factor here?

--Bob

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Lightroom & Bridge)