Subject: [Leica] IMG: Need Help from the Photoshop Jocks
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Mon Feb 5 15:15:27 2007

Bob:

>Problem I'm having with one of the images is the zigzag double-edged
>light shadow on the bustline of the dancer shot #8464 - my hamfisted
>attempts to smooth or eliminate this distracting graphic element just
>ain't making it...)

If you just want to eliminate the double shadow and make it a single shadow,
I would carefully dodge the lighter part of the shadow.

I dodge/burn by adding a layer, setting the blend mode to soft light, and
then painting with the paintbrush.  Usually use full white or full black.
Then adjust the layer opacity to taste.  I'll email you with the resulting
file.

This is just a quick 30 second job.  It would be easier with the full size
photo, and less obvious if you take a little more time.  :)

--
Eric
http://canid.com/