Subject: [Leica] Help Doug--A Reality Check
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Tue Feb 6 05:26:05 2007

Jim,
I respect your misgivings but, at the same time I'm so looking forward
to us all proving you very very wrong!!

I can't imagine that the well-off (hard-working), reasonably well off (
hard-working) and less well-off (also hard-working) members in this
group will limit themselves to the price of a film and processing.

This isn't charity - it's  helping a good friend who many of us have
never met,  but we are still no less his friends.
Giving up a half-days work for someone in our midst whom we respect and
treasure is the least we can do, and I'm certain we would do it for
others here too.
Doug has proved his modesty, honesty and friendship in laying his
predicament on the  line in the only way he could - but, after all,  we
just couldn't deny him the tools of his trade could we?
Douglas M. Sharp