Subject: [Leica] PRIVATE: Re. More new Hoppy Family pics
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Tue Feb 6 20:44:23 2007

Hoppy:  I've been somewhat lax about commenting on pictures lately--lots of
stuff going on in my life, blah blah blah.

I have to say that "Summer Mina" gave me the same feeling that several
other pictures of her have--that if you don't watch yourself, she will be
Queen of the Entire Pacific Region before she is 30.  The daughter some
friends of ours had that same look at that age--precocious
perspicacity.  She Understands It All, and is Quite Amused.  She also
really has a lot of your father in her features.

And your son is well on his way to being a matinee idol.  The girls had
better watch out in a few years.

I am insanely jealous of your sunshine, as this is our darkest
period.  Last night it was foggy, and we could feel the water in our breath
as we walked.

On another front, I recently brought up the subject of getting another dog,
and Katya is now sounding amenable.  She is actually fairly keen on a
Border Terrier, which she thinks is an ideal size for our early middle age
(ahem!).  So I've been on websites from the USA to the UK, contacted a
former breeder who lives here in town, and we'll probably see her this
weekend.  She's got three Borders, and knows the breeders in Washington who
have signed the Code of Ethics (people who won't breed the doggie
equivalent of the banjo player from "Deliverance," I guess).

So, Katya will meet some Borders socially, and maybe there are
possibilities. . .

--Peter