Subject: [Leica] Re:35mm f2 lens...Oh, Canada!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Feb 8 17:46:01 2007

On 2/8/07 8:30 PM, "Christopher Williams" <leicachris@worldnet.att.net>
typed:

> We all know the best Leitz lenses were made in Canada...........
>
> Ted told me this himself.
>
> Chris

Was just telling somebody how I felt there was a tradition of farily well
thought of photographers who used pre ASPH 35 Summicrons and Summiluxi a few
decades back for there Ms sans lens shades as it I imagine just makes for a
much more compact unobtrusive package.
And really what's a lens shade going to do for a wide angle lens anyway?
Stop the light from way over from the left and right from getting in?
And that's going to lower contrast to any real extent?
I just think they protect the lens a little bit that's all.
I think of that as amour.
Peripheral amour.

Its important to protect ones peripherals.
At all times.

Oops I've got something in the corner of my eye.

Mark Rabiner
New York, NY
40?47'59.79"N
73?57'32.37"W