Subject: [Leica] We are not alone
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Thu Feb 8 20:43:39 2007

> I'm actually preparing student lectures about web communities and Web 2.0.
> The LUG and the actual group behaviour in favour of a member will be
> mentioned  prominently.
> Didier
>

>>I hope everyone knows that over at the LRFLEX and LEG lists everyone is
>> helping out too.
>>Doesn't it make you feel really warm inside!
>>WHAT A COMMUNITY SPIRIT!!
>>Douglas

I am reminded to recall the story of generosity at the beginning of FOM2.
A young man behind the "iron-curtain" had done a lot of work to set up the
web site with me. He was keen as mustard to contribute, but did not have a
Leica. Out of the blue, a package arrived with 2 serviced IIIc's a brick
of film, lenses and even a copy of the original FOM2 book. This "private"
man was Steve Le Hurray. It was an act that set the FOM2 off on a good
foot.

Cheers and here's luck

Alastair

Message from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] We are not alone)