Subject: [Leica] Friday FS - nicely framed photographs.
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Feb 9 15:34:18 2007

On 2/9/07 2:01 PM, "David Young" <telyt@telus.net> typed:

> Mark Rabiner asked:
>
>> And a  "true" photograph is what?
>

> Hi Mark!
>
> By this I mean a print made on photographic paper, developed in
> chemicals, as opposed to an ink jet print.
>
> You can argue until the cows come home, on the merits of inkjet
> prints over a print made photographically - and vice versa, but I do
> not intend to get into that discussion, as neither side can win.
>
> Suffice it to say that I much prefer prints made on photo paper and
> chemically developed, rather than "printed".  Hence the use of the term.
>
> Bests,
>
> David.

Well David I think its really to cool "prefer" your own process without
totally negating someone else's preferred process.
And to do so brings no credit to your own choice of materials and processes.

Right now there are people printing with Epson inkjet printers prints on
100% rag paper with carbon pigment inks which they are going to sell for a
thousand dollars + in a gallery or hang in a museum. And They may have their
whole photo act together much more than you, me and everyone in the room. To
say THEY are doing something less REAL or TRUE than what you are doing
doesn't make THEM look dumb. Or you look smart.

Mark Rabiner
New York, NY
40?47'59.79"N
73?57'32.37"W