Subject: [Leica] Slightly OT: To Crop Or Not
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Fri Feb 9 16:06:55 2007

What "Cuz" said.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches, Louisiana
?galit?, libert?, crawfish

In a message dated 2/9/2007 5:57:25 P.M. Central Standard Time,
ricc@mindspring.com writes:

The  world does not take place on a fixed ratio stage.

I usually see a  picture before I point the camera. Must I impose the
will of the  format on reality? Which format?

If I see a panoramic composition, must  I purchase a Widelux before I
am allowed to take the  photo?

What exactly is the format of 120 film? Is it horizontal or  square?
Which of the possible negatives of that film is  "natural?"

The reason to compose in the viewfinder is to get the  maximum
possible performance from your film or sensor.

If you  find that an exercise on fitting reality into a proscenium
stage is  an something that entertains you, knock yourself out.

Ric  Carter