Subject: [Leica] IMG - Totally OT
From: wmrav at triad.rr.com (William Ravenel)
Date: Sat Feb 10 06:44:13 2007

Very nice images of a challenging subject. I used to attempt dance
and stage photography before my wife died. She operated a dance
studio and choreographed for a local college and city theatre.
Exposure is a constant struggle with changing stage lighting and I
was most successful with a Nikon F5 and 80-200 lense. I'd use the
spot meter to keep up with changing lighting and a monopod to manage
the constant motion. Still, my results were not as consistently good
as yours. The other challenge that you've obviously mastered is
timing. There are natural pause points in dance and theatre where the
best shots are made. Being familiar with the production helps a lot.
I used to watch the choreography as it developed and then wait for
the moments during dress rehearsals. Even then I missed more than I'd
have liked.

Thanks for showing.

Will