Subject: [Leica] Kodak Gold 200 Redux
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (Bob Shaw)
Date: Sat Feb 10 09:08:13 2007

In past I have used Kodak Gold 200 negative film with very satisfactory
results, both R and Rangefinder (Contax T2).

I've used it for studio portraits with strobes,  especially infants and
toddlers, producing very accurate skin tones without the gooey,
hypersaturated colors of Kodak Royal Gold or certain other color
negative films.

Landscapes seemed to reveal the colors I saw through the viewfinder.

This film sort of disappeared for a while.

Yesterday I was in a Wal Mart store (part of my business to be
there...) and saw 5-packs of this flim in 24-exposure rolls.  There
were multiple distribution notes on the box in several languages, plus
"Made in USA" and "Finished in Mexico".

Has anyone used this film?  Does it seem to be the same formula or have
there been some changes?

I'm hopeful this is the same stuff and appreciate any information you
might be able to offer.

Many thanks.

Bob in Seattle

Message from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Re: NY restaurants)