Subject: [Leica] Re: NY restaurants
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sun Feb 11 07:12:50 2007

My daughter is working at Lure FishBar in New York which is also
highly rated by Zagat's, very expensive, and very hard to get
into.  Great food, though!  Laura is working temporarily for the
pastry chef.

Tina,

Your daughter is in an up and coming business. Probably more upside
potential than in photography, sad to say. We live near the CIA. Not
the one with spies but the Culinary Institute of America, the premier
cooking and restaurant management school in the country. Faculty
members tell me that the demand for hospitality industry workers is
at an all time high. Because of the robust EU economy, the flow of
trained chefs from Europe has slowed to a trickle. A good head chef
makes over a six figure income in most cities. That is if he/she does
not have a cooking show on the Food Channel. Then the income is in
seven figures. Besides, you don't have to eat at MacDonalds.

I wish her luck. Bon Appetite

Larry Z