Subject: [Leica] Lightroom & Bridge
From: lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Sun Feb 11 16:16:28 2007

Wade Heninger wrote:
>> Anyone used Aperture enough to compare it to Lightroom regarding its
>> image processing capabilities?
>>

> Early on there were big issues with the quality out of Aperture.  Don't
> know
> if 1.5 fixed that, but if you were happy with ACR, you get the same quality
> out of LR as its the same code.

I have been very happy with the conversions from Aperture.  I have read
compassions of its conversions and it is ranking very high on quality since
1.12 and above, ranks up there with capture 1 from what I have read.  I do
know I like it for Canon files better than Adobe's ACR (sorry Wade) but for
Nikon it is about a wash between the two.

One thing if you get Aperture an upgraded video card really does make a
difference.  I upgraded mine to the radeon x1900 xt or whatever it is called
and it almost doubled an already fast program. I am amazed at how screaming
fast this is now.

--
Harrison McClary
Harrison McClary Photography