Subject: [Leica] Corrected - The Windmill at Hull Gut
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Sun Feb 11 17:35:38 2007

> Hi Luis:
>
> Any better?  Or perhaps now it's over corrected, but then again I like
> 'em pinker.
>
> <http://www.hemenway.com/Corrected-Windmill-01242007/>
>    or: http://tinyurl.com/yqbmnl

There is a warm hue to the first and the second looks colder: I prefer the
first: maybe there is a minor cast, but the cloud high in the sky looks
white, and the loss of warmth detracts from the second:

I'll say it again. Colour is IMPOSSIBLE. I struggled for years in the
darkroom and honestly believe that there is no such thing as perfect
colour: its just as we perceive it adn we all perceive it differently. The
best we can do is balance it as close to "reality" (whatever that is) as
possible.

Cheers

Alastair

Message from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] The Windmill at Hull Gut)