Subject: [Leica] Oil Tanker
From: Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway)
Date: Sun Feb 11 18:37:38 2007

Oh... Me too!

Jim

Philippe Orlent wrote:

 > I wish you parents would have kept it: would have guaranteed you a
life full of any camera you'd wish for.
 > Philippe
 >

 > Op 7-feb-07, om 05:02 heeft Jim Hemenway het volgende geschreven:
 >
 >> Philippe:
 >>
 >> This was a nostalgic trip into the past for me.  My folks had a
cottage south of Boston in the town of North Weymouth when I was a  kid
over fifty years ago.

 >> You can't see our rocky neighborhood beach in the "Almost through
the gut and on the way to Quincy" photo, but it is about a half  mile
away to the left of that crane shown in the distance at the  former
Bethlehem Ship Yard.

 >> These tankers came in about a half dozen times each summer, always
at high tide.  We could see them coming through Hull Gut in the
distance and would wait with great anticipation just to be able to
jump/swim through the half dozen, one foot waves produced by the  tanker
as it passed us.