Subject: [Leica] not entirely OT: the recurrent dilemma
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Feb 12 16:07:34 2007

On 2/12/07 5:36 PM, "Philippe Orlent" <philippe.orlent@pandora.be> typed:

> It was rather because I first stated that I wanted a full frame. You
> made me look again at the 30D, and read about EF-S lenses, and I got
> re-interested. One of the reasons I was opting for a full frame, was
> the supposed low lens quality of Canon non-L lenses.
> Digging into it again thanks to your post made me reconsider a far
> wiser economical decision, coupled with my need for a certain quality.
> So it was a compliment.
> The M8 thing was maybe one step too many: if I don't need a full
>> snippet

Thing is as we were talking yesterday and the day before the Leica R DSLR is
upon us. And we can use Leica's ultrawide zoom on that when the time comes
and I think it will be well before the cows come home and certainly before
next holidays.  (if its not a holiday is it a pagenday?)

Sure its great having larger formats but if I want a big rich print on the
walls richer than what I'm getting with my APS-C format Nikons which don't
look unrich I can scan film either medium format or 35mm film and work with
huge scans as I prepare to standardize on 17x22's as I'm on the list now at
B&H for the 3800.
Oh 3800 where art though?  Do we know where to get them now or is it a big
secret? Or if I knew would someone have to kill me?
Could someone tell me off list? And then NOT kill me?
I need to be alive to print.

And better circulation in my toes.

Mark Rabiner
New York, NY