Subject: [Leica] Recent Lightroom buyers...
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Mon Feb 12 18:18:07 2007

I just gave Aperture a try on my iMac G5 (1.8 GHz - 1.5 GB RAM)) and
discovered two things:  Aperture doesn't do DNG and at least one
function - straightening - is so slow as to be unusable.  I didn't
explore beyond that. *Two* strikes and they're out, in this case.  I
won't be buying Aperture.

The final beta version of Lightroom was also sluggish on this iMac,
but faster than Aperture.  I'd really appreciate hearing from anyone
whose has the released version of Lightroom and can compare it's
speed with that of the last beta version.

Many thanks.

--
Regards,

Dick
Boston MA

Replies: Reply from leica at dmason.net (Dave Mason) ([Leica] Recent Lightroom buyers...)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Recent Lightroom buyers...)