Subject: [Leica] The Polarthon
From: telyt at telus.net (David Young)
Date: Tue Feb 13 22:10:58 2007

Just a couple of weeks after our big Pond Hockey Tournament (and the
same weekend as "The Guts Cup"),  Logan Lake held it's winter party
... the Polar Festival.

This year, everything had to be crammed into Friday evening and
Saturday, for the next day was Super Bowl Sunday!

For me, the most intriguing bit was the Polarthon - a 3km Speed
Skate, 4 Km Run and 5 km X-country Ski.  Quite a challenge at -12C!

I've put some photos of it here ... not great shots, and certainly
not the quality I'd normally show... they are posted for the benefit
of the Kamloops Speed Skating Club.  Still, I though a few of you
might enjoy a gander at what passes for excitement in rural Canada.

http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/Polarthon.htm

Comments, criticism welcome, as always.

Cheers!
---