Subject: [Leica] Can't keep up with the LUG
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Wed Feb 14 08:57:45 2007

Gene,

I have been using SanDisk exclusively for a few years now. While I
use 4G cards on my Nikons, I only bought 2G for the M8. The Extreme
III seems to work very nicely. I had  a problem with an Ultra II
where my card reader wouldn't recognize it (also a SanDisk reader)
even though it recognized the Extreme III. It was happy with a new
reader. I bought 6 Heliopan cut filters. They are great but start
getting a little pricey in the larger sizes. They are slim filters
and allow me to snap in the slide in hoods on the 21mm and 24mm asph.
lenses.  I also tried the Tiffens which are too thick, and a B+W slim
which has no outer thread but furnish a lens cap for it. I found all
three brands eliminate the purple cast but I prefer the Heliopan. I'm
still waiting for the Leica filters for the sizes I didn't buy. I
never tried PSE4. CS2 is very happy with the dng files.

Good luck with your new camera.
Len