Subject: [Leica] Google Library Article
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Feb 14 17:02:29 2007

On 2/14/07 5:27 PM, "Philippe Orlent" <philippe.orlent@pandora.be> typed:

> Op 14-feb-07, om 23:21 heeft Mark Rabiner het volgende geschreven:
>
>> The most i've ever read on my monitor was last night and from this
>> website.
>> http://www.vwam.com/vets/tet/tet.html
>> I went clear down to the bottom of the page.
>
> Didn't know about he marines snipers story. Great photo, too.
>
> Philippe

The sniper stuff was new and surprising to me too.

They had a feature movie 5 years ago taken right off the History channel
(the Nazi Channel Tracy Ullmann calls it) about the top Nazi sniper up
against Jude Law he never had a chance. They'd just past a law in Hollywood
said Jude law had to be in any film of any consequence made for the next ten
years. They had to keep him alive. The Jude Law law.

But a Viet Nam setting could make for a very interesting story setting along
those lines. I really had a long talk over several coffees with a special
forces sniper guy who told me stuff I'd be embarrassed to repeat is it
sounds phantasmagorical. About cross bows and holograms. They'd spend months
in the same tree never making a move. He could have been foolin me.

Maybe Kubrick did it with Full Metal Jacket at the end.
With the sniper being (surprise!) a gal.

I'm now going to press SEND ALL
And see all tell all.

This should pare down all the posts by about 90 percent.

Mark Rabiner
New York, NY
40?47'59.79"N
73?57'32.37"W