Subject: [Leica] IR filters
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Feb 15 20:09:30 2007

In the myriad color classed I've taken in art classes and stagecraft and
lighting classes in theater and in photo classes, color printing classes,
color silkscreen classes I've found a certain thing interesting in the whole
color theory end of things...

The reason why something is a color is basically becuae its NOT that color.
That is or for instance...
A stop sign is red or a filter is red.....

A stop sign is red or a filter is red because they have to ability to absorb
nicely and completely every single color in the rainbow
except red.
Red they cannot do.
Can't do red.

That stop sign was Out-a school the day they taught "red".
When it comes to red its just dead.
Red bounces off harmlessly like a reject.

And then what do you do?
You say that stop sign is "red".

I think a stop sign should be known as "not red".

As that's what it is
Not what it's not.

Or the other way around I'm confused.

Better read then dead.