Subject: [Leica] Re: Epson 3800 whose GOT THEM now printing
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Feb 15 21:42:41 2007

On 2/16/07 12:06 AM, "Brian Reid" <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> typed:

>> better blacks with pigments
>> and inks on matt paper
>
> Crane Museo Rag is not really matte paper. It's what this old darkroom hand
> thinks of as a "Brilliant" finish. It has a surface that is at once glossy
> and
> textured.

Well i've seen the Crane Museo matt and thought it was better than the
Hahnem?hle I'd been using. Stockpiled in Portland.
I'm going to take your word for it and not bother having it shipped at great
expense by mules no doubt by hand here.
There are plenty of enticing other brands. With classy packaging.
I'm surprised though the Japanese are not in the running.
They do make fine watercolor paper and that's all this stuff really is.
Just with some minor coating.

"Glossy and textured" tough sure sounds like RC Kodak to me. Not a good ring
to it. But you don't listen to the paper do you?

Mark Rabiner
New York, NY
40?47'59.79"N
73?57'32.37"W