Subject: [Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 6: winter and beer
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Fri Feb 16 10:42:10 2007

On 16/02/2007, at 17:16, Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> Last week we finally got a bit of winter here in the Netherlands,
> so half of the pictures are of frost and snow (the first four even
> have Leica content, as I used the 100mm Apo Macro). The other half
> of the PAW consists of pictures from the Cracked Kettle, the
> fantastic beer shop pointed out to us by Jim Hemenway. It is all here:
>
> And as always, comments and critique are deeply appreciated.
>
> Nathan

Wow, what a change in mood for you this week: I love the snowy icy
details. They all have "strengths", but in the end I tend to agree
with the main image. The gradual loss of focus benefits the image
here because the focus of atttention remains in sharp focus in the
foreground against the darker backdrop. I would have called this a
"playful" feeling. Alt 5 is the best of the beer scenes: perhaps you
had too much of the product by the last one ;-) The colour
"imbalance" does not work for me with the "beer selection shot:
probably would have been better in b/w or "white" balanced

Cheers

Alastair