Subject: [Leica] Nikon 8000 scanner for XPAN?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Feb 16 18:52:36 2007

On 2/16/07 6:37 PM, "Alastair Firkin" <firkin@ncable.net.au> typed:

> Agree, but then you also need a scanner: starting to get very xxxy
> and displaying such big prints is also an issue that my "framer"
> points out ;-) If you go to all that expense, you are not just going
> to make one print: you will make lots ;-)
>
> cheers
> On 17/02/2007, at 10:02, David Keenan wrote:
>
>>> why did I make those tiny prints: there is fantastic detail there,
>>> but they "seem" small
>> That's why there's probably an Epson 3800 in my future.
>>
>> Dave.
>> --
>> Web Site: www.david-keenan.com
>> 2007 PAW: www.david-keenan.com/paw
>> 2006 EuroBlog: www.david-keenan.com/euroblog

Perhaps think of it you are using half's or thirds even sheets of paper.
So you are really printing the next size down.
Scoping out the sale of precut panoramic format mats might put the thing in
perspective. You can see what size lots of people are printing.

I think the panoramic format more than more traditional formats MAKES you
want to print very large becuae they are much more effective very large.
Any print is much more effective very large but a panoramic print is MUCH
MUCH more effective very large. Or shall we say: LONG.
Panoramics kind of want to be long running along your wall filling up the
whole wall over your sofa. Its their nature. They cant help it. They are
sofa photos. Not ottoman snaps. Great for hallways.

I'd be happy with some little ones too though.
To carry around in my back pocket. Like candy bars.

In my wallet the same format as money.
That's what I call a wallet print.
Panoramics of Dead presidents.

Mark Rabiner