Subject: [Leica] Best camera deal ever
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Fri Feb 16 23:04:47 2007

So far my best deal must be said to be the Hasselblad 501CM outfit I
bought last year: body, two A12 magazines, 80mm and 50mm lenses, tripod
coupling and other odds and ends for 650 EUR. The person selling it was
not unaware of value, he was a retired wedding photographer here in the
Netherlands, and he preferred to sell it to me at a relatively low price
because we could do the deal in person and I paid cash. Cash talk loudly :-)

I later added a 150mm lens to the outfit, bought for 150 EUR at the
twice-yearly photo market in Houten near Utrecht--paying 1 EUR per mm
for Carl Zeiss glass must be defined as a good deal.
Incidentally, later this morning I am going to the following edition of
the camera fair with Michiel and Bruce, so who knows, maybe by this
afternoon I will have something even more fantastic to report ;-)

But...as Charlie said, by far the best "deal" has been finding the LUG
in 1998. The knowledge and friendships I have acquired from the people
here are priceless.

Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman