Subject: [Leica] Working with the M8
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Sat Feb 17 07:23:40 2007

I love using the RD-1, but my only complaint is the RF.  The M finder is far
superior.

The RD1 is slightly out of alignment and perhaps a touch out of focus.  To
me, using the RD1 finder is like using my Nikon RF finders - a compromise I
make so that I can use the lenses.

But the RD1 allows me the "digital" experience - very fast file transfer,
instant feedback, etc.  And I'm trying to figure out how to get max picture
quality out of it.  I can't say that even with using my Leica lenses on it,
the images are "jump off the page", like my film shots.

But with the RD1, I do get to use all my lenses - M, LTM, Nikon RF, Contax
IIa.  For that, I am thrilled.

...Vick