Subject: [Leica] SD Memory Cards for M8
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Sat Feb 17 11:10:18 2007

At 10:49 PM +0000 2/16/07, grduprey@mchsi.com wrote:
>Alastair,
>
>Thanks for the info.  I bought a 2G SanDisk Extreme III card.  I
>also ogrdered a second battery when I ordered the M8.  The first is
>now charged and the second is charging.
>
>Gene
>
>-------------- Original message from Alastair Firkin
><firkin@ncable.net.au>: --------------
>

>>  On 15/02/2007, at 6:48, Tina Manley wrote:
>>
>>  > At 11:31 AM 2/14/2007, you wrote:
>>  >> What is everyone using for SD memory cards? I am thinking 2G or
>  > >> possibly 4G.

I had a Sandisk Ultra II 2Gb which I used initially. They cost around
$80 Canadian around here. I also had a cheap 'PNY' 1Gb, so I tried
that. Worked fine, and the speed difference in writing to the card
was 1 or maybe 2 sec. total when putting the camera on continuous,
letting it shoot until the buffer was full (11 shots) and letting it
flush the buffer to the card. So, essentially no speed difference.
Since Best Buy had a deal of $49 Cdn for 2 - 2Gb 'PNY' cards, I
bought those.

I have no idea what the PNY cards are rated at, but they work fine
and are very cheap. I'll spend the money if I can see a performance
difference, but if there is none I'll spend the saved money on
another filter.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design