Subject: [Leica] IMG: Will's Week 7 PAW
From: wmrav at triad.rr.com (William Ravenel)
Date: Sat Feb 17 17:11:30 2007

Tried some of the Kodak chromogenic B&W today and like the results.
I'll have to play with it some more. These images were taken on a
trip to the local farmer's market and the Old Guilford Mill (http://
www.oldmillofguilford.com/index.htm) with my son and his girlfriend.
I haven't picked a favorite for the PAW album yet, but am leaning
toward the checkout girl.

It was too cold today for the outside portion of this large farmer's
market where the local farmer's usually set up. Too cold for fresh
local produce for that matter. There's an inside section that is
occupied by semi-permanent produce stands selling fresh vegetables
from elsewhere, along with canned goods, meats, cheese, etc.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Will+R/2007+PAW/wk7-market_1.jpg.html>
<http://tinyurl.com/2bnp74>

My son, Aubrey, and his girlfriend, Britney, browsing the spices.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Will+R/2007+PAW/wk7-market_2.jpg.html>
<http://tinyurl.com/2cpdkw>

 From the market we drove over to the historic Old Guilford Mill,
just north of Greensboro, to pick up some fresh ground corn meal. The
present building was built in 1820 and visitors must walk through the
first level to get to the mill store. The mill is open seven days a
week for visitors and distributes stone ground meal to restaurants up
and down the east coast.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Will+R/2007+PAW/wk7-mill_1.jpg.html>
<http://tinyurl.com/yrl8js>

This is the young lady who was working in the mill today. When there
are no customers she works in the unheated mill bagging flour, corn
meal, and hominy grits. The fluffy throat muffler was how she kept
warm when not in the store.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Will+R/2007+PAW/wk7-mill_2.jpg.html>
<http://tinyurl.com/22jsh4>

Thanks for looking. Comments and criticism equally welcome.

Will
Greensboro, NC