Subject: [Leica] My 85-year-old mother is in love with this guy
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Mon Feb 19 15:39:55 2007

The Mystic Krewes are the social and pleasure clubs (men!) who have Mardi
Gras balls and Mardi Gras parades. The Krewe of Endymion used to parade
through Mid-City, near where I work at the college. However, Katrina
devastated that area with 10-foot floodwaters, so it has been shifted over
to uptown.

The Clooney-looking guy is Taylor Hicks, last year's winner of the American
Idol contest (think of it as amateur hour....that goes on for months......).
Despite all of the hype of American Idol, the winners seem to fall into
immediate obscurity. Ruben Studdard, the only African American to win, was
as fat as a house and his career has been sidetracked by health problems
(diabetes, I think).

Part of Taylor Hicks' resemblance to George Clooney may stem from his
prematurely gray hair. He's only in his 20's but completely gray (started
going gray at age 13).

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com