Subject: [Leica] Re: Purging a hard drive
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Mon Feb 19 17:43:24 2007

On Feb 19, 2007, at 8:06 PM, lug-request@leica-users.org wrote:

> Jeffery,
> I have found that "SpaceMonger" which is a free download for a
> thirty day
> trial is a great way to look at your harddrive.  What I found was
> that PS
> was backing up temp files to the tune of 70GB.  Now I have lots of
> space
> left but the program lets me get a snapshot of what is on my drive
> and how
> much room it is  taking.  Well worth the download.
>
> Don

If you use a Mac, and don't leave it on all the time, periodically
run a freeware Mac program called MacJanitor. This program purges
temp files and caches,  rebuilds the locate database, and sweeps away
all the odds and ends that programs deposit on the hard disc as part
of normal operations. MacJanitor can be downloaded from
www.versiontracker.com. If you leave your Mac on all the time, the
operating system takes care of disc cleaning automatically with
daily, weekly and monthly sweeps.

Larry Z