Subject: [Leica] Re: Custom white ballance <WAS>: I Tried an M8; Color Question
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie)
Date: Tue Feb 20 07:56:21 2007

Harrison, excellent technique resulting in a superb image!  Also
agree with your assessment on the lack of "light" knowledge in
this digital age..."Gee, I thought color temperature was a multi-
colored rectal thermometer" ...quipped the student!  ;-))

Montie

Harrison wrote:
<http://www.mcclary.net/cpg148/displayimage.php?album=5&pos=5>

>>I lit the main subject with a 10 degree grid spot with two full CTO
gels.  I set camera WB to a custom Tungsten setting (the Canon's stock
tungsten setting sucks).  The background was lit with strobes with 2
full plus blues on them.  This made the subject very warm and the
background very cold.  Since I was shooting tungsten WB even the
daylight coming in through the window was blue.  I think the effect
worked and created a nice photo to illustrate the story.  The story was
that this singer had written a song about finding her husband in bed
with another woman, an actual event in her life, and had a hit from the
song.  Now if one did not understand color of light such an effect would
have been far harder to create. IMHO.

Replies: Reply from lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary) ([Leica] Re: Custom white ballance <WAS>: I Tried an M8; Color Question)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Re: Custom white ballance <WAS>: I Tried an M8; Color Question)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Re: Custom white ballance <WAS>: I Tried an M8; Color Question)